I am in love with the pinks and blush colors, there’s just something so feminine and girly about them. So I decided to write a whole post dedicated to my favorites products in this color.
- Victoria’s Secret Perfect Body Sweet Almond Oil Moisturizing Lotion: this is a lightweight “springy” lotion if I should say. It is very moisturizing and smells sweet without being too sickly sweet.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: when it comes to mascaras I don’t really have loyalty like a go to mascara, I think it’s because I am not into eye lashes and getting dolled up too much. But I find this mascara does the job, elongates my lashes and adds a bit of dramatic intensity when paired up with a cat-eye look.
- MAC “Spirit” Matte Lipstick: I think I have mentioned this in several posts already MAC Lipstick Collection, it is one of my favorite lipsticks. I usually pair it with a different colored lip-liner for intensity and dimension.
- No7 “Chic” Lipstick: this is another one of my new favorites, and I have mentioned this is before Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks And….. the glossy finish makes it a “go-to” for me because I hate having dry lips.
- Mary Kay “Bold Berry” Cheek Color: my love for Mary Kay products will never die, I think out of all the beauty products I use. Most of the products are from Mary Kay its such an under appreciated brand in my opinion. Anyways this cheek color it’s so shimmery, I use it as both a blusher, bronze when combined with another cheek product and an eye color. Talk about 3 in 1 product this is it.
- Moroccan Rose Oil: this rose oil is amazing for carrying as a traveling perfume/scent it small and works as both an oil and perfume. I like to this of it as a scented oil. It smells flowery obviously because of the Rose but it’s not just a typical rose smell the “Moroccan” in it reminds me of a holiday every-time I put it on.
- W7 Lip Twister in “Pink”: this I recently purchased and have only started using it heavily recently, usually I use it in combination with Sleek’s “Mulberry” lipstick featured Random Beauty Favourites.
- Elizabeth French “Lizzie Pucker Up” Lip-liner: this is a gem on a lip liner, I have had this for several years and rarely used it because back then I didn’t know how to apply makeup and use all the different product. But now that I do, I use this sometimes in combination with another lipstick like MAC’ Ruby Woo or just as a lipstick and add a clear lip-gloss over it.
Whats your favorite color and product currently? xx
We haven’t been running our blog for a very long time, less than a year actually. But over this short amount of time we have learnt some tips that have helped us along the way. So we thought why not share some of these.
- Know your audience: Yes we all love to say “I blog because I love it and its my passion” this is mostly true with most of us however it is nice to know you appeal to someone, a person or an audience and they appreciate and enjoy reading the content you put out. So it is important to know the audience you are trying to appeal to or the audience that appeals to the content you post about. You can’t post for 6 months about fashion and beauty then the next month decide to switch it up to write about finance and politics. This can confuse you audience as to the direction you are going because they are used to you in a certain way and a certain form of content therefore some might lose interest and feel alienated.
- Consistency: This is key, I have found at the start when the blog was initially set up we used to post everyday, but we quickly realized this is hard to maintain and we were setting ourselves up for failure. This is when we decided to set up a practical schedule that works for us and allows us to maintain consistency with our our audience. Working out a schedule will also help motivate you as you have a clear guideline and time-frame as well it allows you to build a loyal audience where they know when to expect your content not randomly everyday for one month straight then no post for three months.
- Love your existing audience and new audience: This can be difficult to balance because no blogger will out-rightly say they do not want to grow. As much as we enjoy blogging and it is a creative fun outlet, with it comes new old audience, loyal audience and challenges on how to grown without alienating existing audience whilst attracting new ones. So maintaining these relationships is important, I mean that is one of appeals of blogging connecting with like-minded people on a global scale. Blogging is not a one-sided relationship its important to interact, visit other people’s sites, reply to comments as well as comment on other people’s blog (don’t spam) just interact.
- Content: this is very simple really good content and presentation means more appeal, interest and loyalty to your blogger. So thought into pictures and the text is important, simple things like using natural light and not artificial light. Spacing out your headings, using bullet points, formatting etc all these little things go to toward making your blog-post more creative and thus appealing to people. With blogging we like eye-catching pretty pictures, you have to think what keeps you going to someone else’s site and use that as a pointer and guidance for yours (don’t plagiarize and copy but just get inspiration). It really is an amazing open-source, global, collaborative industry so take advantage and learn from others as well as letting others learn from you.
- Don’t be selfish: This is a touchy point for everyone, as a blogger you will get brands wanting to collaborate with you. And this is the grey area bloggers often shy away from speaking about because you don’t want to seem like a sell out, but it is nice to get freebies who doesn’t want free makeup on clothes etc. However you must be mindful of some of the brands you collaborate with, do they appeal and fit in with the brand and audience you have? Are you now instead of being informative bombarding you audience with sponsored posts? This can alienate your audience and take away from the authenticity that once made you unique and interesting to them. And touching on this point too, competing with other bloggers. It’s not a competition there is plenty of space and room for everyone its suppose to be fun and creative so don’t turn it into a competition.
What other tips have you learnt that you would like to share? x
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”. That pretty much sums up our views on traveling and life. The change in season has the traveling juices flowing so what better way to get motivated and inspired than to do a recap on some of the most beautiful places we have been to as well as share some useful and maybe obvious traveling tips we have learnt along the way.
Explore, explore, explore this is probably the most obvious tips. It is easy to pick a location and identify all the landmarks and exciting places you are going to visit. But is there going to be enough time and are the places open the times you are there. So checking open times and sometimes even booking ahead for some of these places will make the touring experience seamless and not spending 2 hours waiting in a queue waiting to go into e.g. the Anne Frank museum, which is what happened to us because we just turned up without planning.
Yes touring, exploring and becoming cultured is important but don’t forget sometimes all you need to do is just seat back, relax and actually take time to enjoy the scenery. So go to the beach, order some cocktails even carbs forget the diet and relax and enjoy the view. Or go to a cool cocktail bar, club or street festival. Just have fun and enjoy it.
Don’t forget to create memories, not only be in the moment and enjoy it but do captures some of these memories so you can always look back on them. An idea would be to even create a Polaroid album and keep a picture or two or several if you can’t pick one. Then look back when you are seating at home and its rainy and cloudy outside haha.
What kind of holidays do you like sunny or winter destinations x
I can’t believe just over a week ago I was in Portugal, busking in some sun, sipping on a sangria and thinking about absolutely nothing whilst enjoying the clear blue skies and gorgeous weather. Now fast forward to a week where am I back in wonderfully grey England ahhh. Let me just reminisce of how it was a truly relaxing mini break….
One of the highlights of this mini break was finally getting to wear some of my favorite summer clothes, relaxing in good company and sipping on sangria’s and cocktails. What’s your favorite thing about holidays? x
We all know Coachella marks the beginning of summer style. Not only is Coachella a music festival but over the years it has become a place where celebrities and super fashionable concert-goers like to debut their stylish summer looks.
This year’s Coachella has been no different, it has become the perfect place to search for the perfect spring and summer outfit inspiration.
Below are my top inspirations for this summer!
Mandatory Credit: Photo by Katie Jones/WWD/REX/Shutterstock (8611546do) Ashley Madekwe Moschino Candy Crush Desert Party, Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Palm Springs, USA – 15 Apr 2017
Looks like white is going to be trendy again this summer. Pairing up with denim will give it that edgy stylish look.
You can never go wrong with denim, whether it’s a pair of denim shorts, a denim skirt of denim dress, you can easily pair this up with a nice tee a cool pair of ankle boots.
Print detail is also in this season.
Let me know your favorite spring/summer style with a comment below.
Spring is upon us, and that can only mean one thing…..Wedding Season is here!!
Choosing the perfect bridesmaid dress for all of your girls is an almost impossible task, but I have recently discovered the alessmode.com , the answer to every bride prayer. Your bridesmaids don’t have to look like clones from every other wedding. Dresses with open backs, glamorous fit-and-flare skirts and quirky transparent overlays are just a few ways to give your bridal party a fresh take.
I am going to highlight my top picks for 2017 bridesmaid dresses dress styles, as well as popular bridal-party color schemes—from beautiful pastels to neutrals.
Sleeveless bateau neckline A-line tiered dress
You can still maintain the long, soft fabrics tradition on bridesmaid dresses, but why not add just the amount of drama and try with a tiered skirt?
Bridesmaids dresses with sleeves have the latest have the latest design catering for popular wedding fashion. A sleeve can has several style options that include illusion or cape sometimes decorated with beading details or embroidered with lace. Here are some of my favorites, looking at the sleeves
In 2016 one-shoulder dresses burst onto the fashion scene and there’s been no sign of slowing for this trend. This has become one of my favorite looks & will definitely make my list on the bridesmaid stylish looks. Whether they are long bridesmaid dresses or short bridesmaid dresses off the shoulder bridesmaid dress is a fashion trend that is still here.
Let me know your Favorite bridesmaid look. XOXO
Finally, my favorite time of the year has arrived, no-no not spring/ summer season that’s a bonus but the fact that I can start traveling again and it’s coming up to bank/public holidays soon. I have put together a few outfit ideas for holiday trips. See next week me and my sister are going to Portugal so I thought to myself what better way to get inspiration than doing a mood board. Below are a few ideas that I think will appeal to every girl will drool over if not there is at least one item that appeals to your sense of style.
As I love these outfit ideas I have attached where you can find similar clothing items as shown in each of mood boards below:
For the “BOHO CHIC” chick below are the items:
Polished and Prim
For the “POLISHED AND PRIM” outfit below are items:
Rebel Without a cause
For the “REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE” chick these are the items:
Do you have any exciting travel plans lined up for the spring/summer season? x