I have been loving a couple of what I would classify as random beauty favorites recently. I don’t have some long worded story about why I am liking these products for once I will just go straight into it.
- Victoria’s secret body mist spray: This body mist I actually got from TKMAXX (my addiction to that store is worrying), I wasn’t even looking to get one but when I smelt it I could not resist. It’s a nice, sweet, light and flowery jasmine and honeysuckle scented body mist that works as an everyday scent when you don’t feel like wearing and overpowering very expensive perfume.
- Little Red Dress Eau De Perfume: This has been hanging about in my closet for a little while now I think for almost two years. I think the reason why I never saw it’s appeal at the start was because of the scent, it’s a very grown woman, sexy scent and back then I didn’t appreciate that(blame it on age). It’s got blends of fruity nectar, Bulgarian rose and sensual red sandalwood and these are the types of scents that I am finding myself appreciating more especially as I get older.
- Sleek Mulberry Lipstick: I love Sleek it is one of those high street brands that continuously delivers in terms of quality products. I love a deep, dark, vampy lip irrespective of what season it is. And this is a new addition to my collection that I will be wearing this spring/summer season why not confuse people a little; rebel without a cause I am. The lipstick has a sheen finish to it so it’s not drying to the lips at all which is a plus.
- Sleek Russian Roulette Lipstick: Another sleek lipstick I am loving right now, this lipstick has a matte finish to it which I usually am not a big fan of but the color makes up for it. It’s not a typical red color I look at it as a burnt red or brick red-ish color and that’s really the main appeal for me.
What are some of your current beauty favorites? x
I have been loving little shoulder bags lately, I am especially excited for them because soon we will be going into spring/summer. This is the perfect accessory in my opinion for enhancing the femininity of a typical summer outfit like a floral, girly summer dress. This is why I am most excited and can’t wait to accessorize my outfits with these bags.
- Pink should bag: this I was given as a present by my lovely sister for our birthday. She got it from Asos but I tried to find it on the site but I can’t find the exact version. However here is a similar one ASOS Scallop Cross Body Bag With Laser Cut Out which is the exact version of the black one but in a different color. This is also another similar design Pink structured chain bag
- ASOS Scallop Cross Body bag with laser cut out: So this one I bought for myself over the Christmas season break, that was when I was going through my October Wishlist… and trying to cross off things from that list. This exact color I can’t find anymore on the site but I provided a link the pink version above. Or this similar design Delicate black PU shoulder bag
- Print bag: Is this graphic or zebra print I don’t know so I am unsure as to how to describe this bag. But I love the print it gives an outfit that little extra edge that makes it stand out especially if you are wearing a basic outfit. This is a very similar design I found Black and white PU quilted flap bag
What bag trends are you looking forward to this spring/summer ? x
I always used to be one of those girls who stood there are judged people when they got excited about candles. I could never understand the fascination with them. However I have been quickly converted and now I am obsessed with them. My collection is small at the moment but I know it’s going to grow quickly, the only thing stopping me is the fact that in the UK there is no bath and body works or if they do its ridiculously expensive. Plus I am going to America in a few months so I will stock up on a lot of candles. Currently I only have two for my bedroom and the one for my office.
- Watermelon Lemonade– This I got from bath and bodyworks, I was actually surprised with this because I don’t like watermelons at all, but the scent smells so gorgeous I think it’s because it has a hint of lemon. The scent is very summery spring it just reminds me of a warm summer afternoon.
- Teakwood Myrrh – This I think I got in HomeSense it’s like a home version of TK MAXX, I am so shocked I only heard about it a few months ago from my sister I thank her for it every day . The scent is very outdoorsy, woody and musky think camping and seating out by the camp fire.
- Vanilla & Saffron Noir – Perfumed Candle– The packaging of this candle drew me to it, I got this in TK MAXX for a way cheaper price than on the official site. I think this is why I love TK MAXX so much. The scent itself smells to me like how a manly man should smell with a hint of sweetness which you get from the vanilla infused in the candle.
What are some candles you can recommend to me? I am eager to expand my collection x
It’s been so long since I have last posted and I must say I have really really missed it. To be honest life just got hectic and neither I nor my sister actually had time to post anything. Hopefully this post means things are getting back to normal and weekly posts will resume.
Time has been moving so quickly can you believe it is almost March already which means we are a quarter way through 2017 already. This makes me very nervous, time is moving too too quickly. So I suppose really this post is fitting to where we are and the importance of time. I am one of those people who doesn’t usually wear a watch a lot of times I mean my philosophy is if it’s important to you; you will not forget. However I will just go ahead and contradict myself in the same post, I have had this watch for a few months now and I have found myself always reaching for it whenever I leave the house and it actually helps me be better at time keeping. I don’t know how but I now actually check time and do stick to the schedule.
This watch was a treat to myself just because why not. I was attracted to the simplicity and sophistication of the watch; the color is simple and makes it versatile to wear this and easily blend with any outfit be it colorful or more muted. The glossy finish just makes it chic and I like the fact that the numbers are in roman numerals. And best of all it’s a men’s watch sometimes you just need that masculine piece of jewelry in your collection. I can’t find the exact design for this one but I have similar ones like:
So what has been the highlight of the first quarter of 2017 so far?
This will has always been and will always be my signature scent, for as long as I can remember. For me the J’Adore woman embodies everything beautiful and admirable about the modern day woman, she is always on the go, growing and progressing with life never looking back but continuously adapting to the changing environments. The color and design of the bottle is that of femininity , extenuating and celebrating the female shape and key message always presented across in the adverts “future is gold” she forever has a positive outlook and tackles everything thrown her way with grace and class. And this is why I love my J’Adore I could really go on and on but I think I will stop here.
Anyways enough of my rumblings on my thoughts on the perfume. The perfume itself has a floral scent to me it smells very fresh and springy but I wouldn’t necessary call it a spring only perfume because I use it all year around and it smells fantastic. Some of the ingredients used in the perfume include ylang ylang from Comoros, jasmine grandiflorum and Indian jasmine sambac. It all sounds very exotic doesn’t. The actual set comes with a lotion that I use as a hand lotion when I feel like treating my hands.
If you want to read more on the perfume go to Dior and to purchase J’adore dior perfum
What are some of your favorite perfumes?
It’s always exciting to receive recognition from fellow bloggers. We have recently been nominated for the blogger recognition award by the lovely DazedMuse she has an amazing blog that covers everything from fashion to lifestyle. You should check out her blog if you haven’t already done so, we are grateful and thankful for this recognition.
Here are the Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How it all started?
Both me and my sister (we run the blog together but we always post in first person); we are both very creative individuals and have been looking for a creative outlet for the longest time. Though we procrastinated for a long time whether we should start a blog or not but one day we took the plunge and that is how it all started really.
Pieces Of Advice!
Ermm I would say make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and not just following the bandwagon because if you do it for the wrong reasons you will not enjoy it long-term.
Second be consistent with your posts, that’s how you build a following and meet bloggers as well. So consistency is key.
I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
Thank you again DazedMuse for the nomination x
New year means reflection on routines and adapting or changing them because; you know what it’s a new year and new opportunity to improve on things. One of my main goals for this year is to continue improving my skin I want it to be flawless if there is such a thing. And as I get older it’s now more important than ever to do as much as you can to look after you skin.
For my face I continue to use Mary Kay products however the packing and the formula for both the cleansing gel and lotion has changed, I would say it has been improved upon. I have also made a conscious decision to start using body scrubs for my body at least once a week in order to do a deep exfoliation.
- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask: This is one of my holy grail products even mentioned on my wish list October Wishlist… I have used it multiple times before and I love it. It’s one of those masks that works immediately, after use you will see reduced pores and clearer glowing skin. You can get this at multiple stores and the price point is not too steep plus really when it comes to skin care you really have to invest because it’s the skin you will have for life. Here are some places you can get it Origins.com , Sephora and Boots
- Mary Kay botanical effects cleansing gel: This is the same as the one I was using before Skin Care Regime the only different is the formula has been improved upon and it now contains dragon fruit & aloe extracts which are full antioxidants.
- Mary Kay botanical effects toner: This I have been using since last year Skin Care Regime, I inter-change between this and the apple cider homemade toner I use.
- Mary Kay Hydrate & Protect: This again is the same face lotion I was using before too Skin Care Regime but the formula has been improving. It now has a sun screen protect of up to SPF30 which the previous formula didn’t have.
- Body Scrub: This body scrub I use once a week. This particular scrub I got from TKMAXX ; it is a lemon & eucalyptus mermaid salt scrub. I love the smell and feeling it gives me after use. And I can’t recommend adding this to a skincare routine you really do feel and see the difference in your skin. With scrubs I always find amazing ones at TKMAXX/TJMAXX especially if you are still experimenting and finding your signature.
Do you have any new skin care routine recommendations for 2017? x