Jumpsuits, sometimes I love sometimes I hate imagine the hardship you face when you need to go to the bathroom. However they are so comfy and such an easy throw over sometimes I just tend to grab for these when I am indecisive. Like on this day, I just need something comfy and breezy to lounge in as well as go for a meal wearing.
- Jumpsuit: Ermm I really cannot remember where I got this, I have had it for a few years now I am going to guess TK Maxx (TJ MAXX -US). I can’t find this identical design but ASOS has a similar design here
Why I have been shoe-less in the last few posts I don’t know x
I am a sucker for a maxi dress, and really maxi dresses and summer go hand in hand. To highlight how much I love them one of the very first posts on this site was on a maxi dress feature Floral Dresses: Flower Love Child Of Mine. The outfit below was from one of the days when we went to sightseeing to Corfu Old town.
- Dress: I “borrowed” this navy blue maxi from my lovely sister’s wardrobe. She got it over 5 years ago from H&M
- Sunglasses: My sunnies from D&G recently featured Dolce And Gabbana Sunnies
- Bag: My Carla Ferreri bag recently featured too as it’s a fairly new purchase Affordable Alternate to YSL “Kate Monogram”: Carla Ferreri Red Chain Leather Bag
- Scandals: these I bought about 3 years ago from H&M and I have featured them numerous times before Recap To My Favorite Outfits
- Bracelet: I got this from one of my bestfriends, she bought it in Kenya when she was on holiday there
I also thought to include some pictures from Corfu Old Town, it’s very tourist, rustic and old hence the name I suppose. But what I have found is all “Old Towns” around all the European countries I have been to look identical. Is it just me?
What do you most look forward to as a tourist? x
Blogging can me hard sometimes, putting out exciting and new content on a weekly or daily basis. Sometimes takes its tow and creativity can be lacking sometimes. I know this all too well because I recently went through that. For a month or so I don’t think I even posted anything because I couldn’t even be bothered. I was able to overcome this and below are some of the tips and steps I took:
- Step Away: Let’s be honest blogging is really not life changing, you are not a doctor or surgeon that performs a life changing activity. This is something I had to humbly recognized, stepping away for a week and missing a scheduled post was not going to result in chaos or someone’s life falling apart. I needed to take a break and just do that leave the blog and have some space and time away.
- Switch up the routine: This really helped me because I realized although having a routine was good because it instilled discipline in me, it was also restricting me because it detected my routine and the posts I had. So I had to move away from that and try do it differently in order to get the creative juices following.
3. Appreciate others: the beauty of blogging is that there is a whole community around you, so for me I needed to remind myself. Instead of being a content creator I needed to take a backseat and go appreciate content of other bloggers in order to actually appreciate and remind myself of why I do this again. This was an amazing break and inspired a lot of content that will be featured in future.
4. Fun: I don’t do this full time I started blogging because I wanted a creative and fun outlet. And I needed to remind myself of that because at one point it started feeling like a job and that wasn’t a good feeling. So meditating and re-focusing and reminding myself of why I started doing it in the first place really helped me a lot.
How do you overcome a creative rut? x
Mustard has been and continues to be one of my favorite colors ever. For me it is because it’s such a vibrant, eye catching and exuberant I can’t help but be drawn to it. In fact I have featured this exact outfit in a look book inspired post I posted a while ago with the exception of the shoes I wore Fashion Inspiration:Easily Spice Up For That Date Night look
- Dress: this dress I got from New Look during the Christmas sales, it has been sitting there waiting for an occasion to be worn.
- Blazer: this blazer I have had for several years and I have featured it before in some post like Black and White Casual Outfit
- Heels: these heels I got from JustFab about a year ago, I am surprised they have lasted this long with how much I wear them The Spring Shoes That You Can Pair Up With Jeans – From My Closet
- Necklace: this necklace I got about three Christmases ago from New Look again, here is the closest one I could find here
There is just something luxuriously feminine about Rose gold and earthy colors that I am currently obsessed with. Below are some of my current favorite fashion accessories:
1. Gold watch: this watch I can’t remember were I got it from, but here is a very similar design
2. Brown scarf: this was gifted to me and is my favorite item so far. Can’t find a very similar design but here is a nice one.
3. Rose gold “cat-eye” sunglasses: here is a similar design to these.
4. Gold ring: I think I got this from River Island or Primark, one of the two. You can easily find them in any high street or high end store. For example these rings.
5. Bag: this is another Kurt Geiger bag, I really love that brand both me and my sister already have bags from this brand. I can’t find the exact design anymore but here is a similar design
What’s your favorite color right now? x
A good pair of denim shorts is a staple for any summer wardrobe whether its a pair of Levi’s vintage or a replica from the high-street such as H&M. For this particular look, comfort was key as the weather was extremely hot and there was going to be a lot of walking around involved.
1. Denim Shorts: I have had these for over 5 years now and they still fit and look good as they did on day one. That’s one thing about denim I love it lasts for a very very long time.
2. Polka-dot Cami: I got this cami about 2 years ago from H&M and this again is another clothing items that has lasted. H&M does inexpensive good quality clothes that can last for years before needing to be replaced.
3. Sunglasses: Just like my sister “borrowed” my shoes in a previous post Casual And Comfy Travelling OOTD I decided to borrow her sunnies too.
What do you usually do on the first day of vacation? x
Summer I find is usually the season of two things when it comes to fitness:
1.lots of BBQs, enjoying food, and relaxing when it comes to the strict dieting and exercising because the weather is just too gorgeous. Or 2. Strict focus on exercising and dieting because everyone’s summer body is on point you start training for next summer because you are so motivated. I would say I am half and half but I am trying to be serious and find a balance between being fit and actually enjoying the season as it will pass soon. Here are some tips that I am finding helpful in keeping me motivated and disciplined.
- Exercise Plan: I have found having an exercise weekly plan very motivating because it keeps me on track and helps me stay on track.
- Varied Exercises: Avoid repetition, there is nothing more mundane and boring than doing the same exercises everyday. Firstly not only is it ineffective because your body too used to it that over time it stops being effective, secondly because it makes for a boring session that you end up just giving up and skipping classes.
- Liquids, Liquids: these really do help a lot, water especially not only does it keep you hydrated with the heat but it flushes your system, clears your skin and is just good
4. It’s really free to be fit: Okay so you can’t afford that fancy gym you want that’s not an excuse to not be fit. Take advantage of your environment at what you have around you. Go for walk outside (it’s sunny after all) so you can’t say it’s cold. YouTube, this has some of the most amazing workouts you could ever find and best of all they are all free. I swear by FitnessBlender (no it’s not sponsored, I just love them that much) for several years now.
5. It takes time: throw away that scale, it really takes time to see results so don’t get discouraged when you don’t see results immediately. And sometimes the pounds staying the same on the scale doesn’t mean you are improving, sometimes you are building muscles and replacing the fat so don’t always pay mind to the scale
And bonus tip: have fun with it, why make it boring and tedious
Any fitness tips you can add to these? x