How many times a week should I make a blog-post? A question that I always struggle with from the start and even up now? This topic was briefly touched upon in a previous post Powerful Blogging Tips We Have Learnt but I want to expand on this topic a little more.
How long have you been running? This is an important factor to consider because if you are a very new site, publishing a post once a week may not be the best or quickest approach to grow your blog. For instance when I look at someone’s blog if I see one post no matter how well written and visually stunning it is. If there is only one post I am likely to not follow. So maybe at the very start of your blog its best to post if everyday possible or even 4/5 times a week. That way you build up an archive quickly so people who come across your site will have an idea of the type of content you release and how serious you are, therefore follow you.
OK, so now you have some audience but you no longer have the time to upload almost every single day what do you do. Slowly cut down the amount of times you post a week so instead of maybe just dramatically cutting down from 5 times a week. Start posting every other day and then eventually cut down to 2 or 3 times a week. Really settling for a schedule that suits your availability. So my advice based on how long your site has been running and the time you have at your disposal, these factors will determine how often you should post there is no one size fits all. It’s all about experimenting, putting in the work then blogging whilst most importantly; having fun!!
How many times a week do you upload?
I am in love with the pinks and blush colors, there’s just something so feminine and girly about them. So I decided to write a whole post dedicated to my favorites products in this color.
- Victoria’s Secret Perfect Body Sweet Almond Oil Moisturizing Lotion: this is a lightweight “springy” lotion if I should say. It is very moisturizing and smells sweet without being too sickly sweet.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: when it comes to mascaras I don’t really have loyalty like a go to mascara, I think it’s because I am not into eye lashes and getting dolled up too much. But I find this mascara does the job, elongates my lashes and adds a bit of dramatic intensity when paired up with a cat-eye look.
- MAC “Spirit” Matte Lipstick: I think I have mentioned this in several posts already MAC Lipstick Collection, it is one of my favorite lipsticks. I usually pair it with a different colored lip-liner for intensity and dimension.
- No7 “Chic” Lipstick: this is another one of my new favorites, and I have mentioned this is before Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks And….. the glossy finish makes it a “go-to” for me because I hate having dry lips.
- Mary Kay “Bold Berry” Cheek Color: my love for Mary Kay products will never die, I think out of all the beauty products I use. Most of the products are from Mary Kay its such an under appreciated brand in my opinion. Anyways this cheek color it’s so shimmery, I use it as both a blusher, bronze when combined with another cheek product and an eye color. Talk about 3 in 1 product this is it.
- Moroccan Rose Oil: this rose oil is amazing for carrying as a traveling perfume/scent it small and works as both an oil and perfume. I like to this of it as a scented oil. It smells flowery obviously because of the Rose but it’s not just a typical rose smell the “Moroccan” in it reminds me of a holiday every-time I put it on.
- W7 Lip Twister in “Pink”: this I recently purchased and have only started using it heavily recently, usually I use it in combination with Sleek’s “Mulberry” lipstick featured Random Beauty Favourites.
- Elizabeth French “Lizzie Pucker Up” Lip-liner: this is a gem on a lip liner, I have had this for several years and rarely used it because back then I didn’t know how to apply makeup and use all the different product. But now that I do, I use this sometimes in combination with another lipstick like MAC’ Ruby Woo or just as a lipstick and add a clear lip-gloss over it.
Whats your favorite color and product currently? xx
We haven’t been running our blog for a very long time, less than a year actually. But over this short amount of time we have learnt some tips that have helped us along the way. So we thought why not share some of these.
- Know your audience: Yes we all love to say “I blog because I love it and its my passion” this is mostly true with most of us however it is nice to know you appeal to someone, a person or an audience and they appreciate and enjoy reading the content you put out. So it is important to know the audience you are trying to appeal to or the audience that appeals to the content you post about. You can’t post for 6 months about fashion and beauty then the next month decide to switch it up to write about finance and politics. This can confuse you audience as to the direction you are going because they are used to you in a certain way and a certain form of content therefore some might lose interest and feel alienated.
- Consistency: This is key, I have found at the start when the blog was initially set up we used to post everyday, but we quickly realized this is hard to maintain and we were setting ourselves up for failure. This is when we decided to set up a practical schedule that works for us and allows us to maintain consistency with our our audience. Working out a schedule will also help motivate you as you have a clear guideline and time-frame as well it allows you to build a loyal audience where they know when to expect your content not randomly everyday for one month straight then no post for three months.
- Love your existing audience and new audience: This can be difficult to balance because no blogger will out-rightly say they do not want to grow. As much as we enjoy blogging and it is a creative fun outlet, with it comes new old audience, loyal audience and challenges on how to grown without alienating existing audience whilst attracting new ones. So maintaining these relationships is important, I mean that is one of appeals of blogging connecting with like-minded people on a global scale. Blogging is not a one-sided relationship its important to interact, visit other people’s sites, reply to comments as well as comment on other people’s blog (don’t spam) just interact.
- Content: this is very simple really good content and presentation means more appeal, interest and loyalty to your blogger. So thought into pictures and the text is important, simple things like using natural light and not artificial light. Spacing out your headings, using bullet points, formatting etc all these little things go to toward making your blog-post more creative and thus appealing to people. With blogging we like eye-catching pretty pictures, you have to think what keeps you going to someone else’s site and use that as a pointer and guidance for yours (don’t plagiarize and copy but just get inspiration). It really is an amazing open-source, global, collaborative industry so take advantage and learn from others as well as letting others learn from you.
- Don’t be selfish: This is a touchy point for everyone, as a blogger you will get brands wanting to collaborate with you. And this is the grey area bloggers often shy away from speaking about because you don’t want to seem like a sell out, but it is nice to get freebies who doesn’t want free makeup on clothes etc. However you must be mindful of some of the brands you collaborate with, do they appeal and fit in with the brand and audience you have? Are you now instead of being informative bombarding you audience with sponsored posts? This can alienate your audience and take away from the authenticity that once made you unique and interesting to them. And touching on this point too, competing with other bloggers. It’s not a competition there is plenty of space and room for everyone its suppose to be fun and creative so don’t turn it into a competition.
What other tips have you learnt that you would like to share? x
Top hair trends for the spring and summer season for black women. After your hair strands have endured the harsh winter, it’s time to revive your look with chic new hairstyles. The spring and the summer season is the ideal time to step outside of your comfort zone with a style that’s completely out of the box, or revive your hair by trying something new. Look below for a few of my favorite hair ideas you can play around with this spring and summer season!
Crochet Braid Spring/Summer Styles
Shoulder Length Crochet Braids
Short Crochet Braids
Kinky Hair Shoulder Length Crochet Braids
Long Crochet Braids
Sholder Length Loose curl Crochet Braids
Short Hair Style
Short Hair Style
Braids Spring/Summer Hairstyle
Box Braids hairstyle
Bun Hairstyle – Box Braids
Box Braids Hairstlye
Long Spring/Summer Hairstyles
Long Wavy Hairstyle
Ombre Long Straight Hair
Ombre Long Straight Hair
Wavy Tied back Hairstyle
Ombre Long Straight Hair Style
Wavy Long Hairstyle
Leave a comment below & let me know you favorite spring/summer hairstyle!
Finally,I got my hands on some colourpop lipsticks I have wanted to try some of their products for the longest time ever but here in the UK they are not easy to get a hold of. It’s some long process of purchasing and getting them delivered to the UK (last time I checked unless if things have changes). Anyways I got these two colourpop lipsticks from one of my best friends who brought a stash when she came back from her trip in America.
Colourpop lipstick in “Scrooge”: this is not just a matte lipstick its ultra matte which means you will not be able to avoid the dryness you usually experience with matte formulas. With this you have to put a coat of gloss or Vaseline before you apply it because it is very drying. The color itself is so bright and highly concentrated you won’t need to apply it twice over your lips.And it does last the whole you don’t need to touch it up it will not budge. You can get it from the official site Colourpop.com (however it doesn’t seem to be available right now) or even Amazon.
Colourpop lipstick in “bad habit”: This again is in an ultra matte formula but you know what sometimes beauty requires being uncomfortable and a little sacrifice so it is worth it. Apparently you shouldn’t put a base like Vaseline or lip-gloss because it interferes with the super-long wear of the lipstick. The colour is almost similar to “scrooge” though I would say it is a little bit lighter than “scrooge”. This is currently still available on the official site so you can purchase it directly Colourpop “bad habit”. I am excited to try use these two lipsticks over the spring/summer period the colors are just perfect for that.
I also have two extra products that I thought I might as well include in this post because they are related.
No7 Lipstick in “Chic”: This is a high-street brand part of Boots if I am correct. They have a range of their own No7 moisture drench lipsticks that has over 10 colours to choose from. I love the formula of this because it’s very moisturizing you don’t even feel like you are wearing a lipstick. The color is gorgeous for wearing alone as well as mixing it up with other colors for example mix with “bad habit” or even Mac’s “sin”. You can get this Boots as well as see the other selections they have.
Mary Kay “perfecting concealer”: I am not a big fan of concealers because I often feel like they leave your face very cakey and artificial looking. However with this one I have found it is very light and does the job very well of hiding any discoloration and so forth without making it obvious that you have a range of makeup products on your face. My shade is specifically ” deep bronze”, another thing I like about it is you can use it for natural everyday looks as well as highly contoured looks for those special events or times when you do feel like really going all out with your makeup. You can get this on the official site Marykay.com.
What lipstick or beauty products are you most looking forward to playing around with this spring/summer.
I have been loving a couple of what I would classify as random beauty favorites recently. I don’t have some long worded story about why I am liking these products for once I will just go straight into it.
- Victoria’s secret body mist spray: This body mist I actually got from TKMAXX (my addiction to that store is worrying), I wasn’t even looking to get one but when I smelt it I could not resist. It’s a nice, sweet, light and flowery jasmine and honeysuckle scented body mist that works as an everyday scent when you don’t feel like wearing and overpowering very expensive perfume.
- Little Red Dress Eau De Perfume: This has been hanging about in my closet for a little while now I think for almost two years. I think the reason why I never saw it’s appeal at the start was because of the scent, it’s a very grown woman, sexy scent and back then I didn’t appreciate that(blame it on age). It’s got blends of fruity nectar, Bulgarian rose and sensual red sandalwood and these are the types of scents that I am finding myself appreciating more especially as I get older.
- Sleek Mulberry Lipstick: I love Sleek it is one of those high street brands that continuously delivers in terms of quality products. I love a deep, dark, vampy lip irrespective of what season it is. And this is a new addition to my collection that I will be wearing this spring/summer season why not confuse people a little; rebel without a cause I am. The lipstick has a sheen finish to it so it’s not drying to the lips at all which is a plus.
- Sleek Russian Roulette Lipstick: Another sleek lipstick I am loving right now, this lipstick has a matte finish to it which I usually am not a big fan of but the color makes up for it. It’s not a typical red color I look at it as a burnt red or brick red-ish color and that’s really the main appeal for me.
What are some of your current beauty favorites? x
I always used to be one of those girls who stood there are judged people when they got excited about candles. I could never understand the fascination with them. However I have been quickly converted and now I am obsessed with them. My collection is small at the moment but I know it’s going to grow quickly, the only thing stopping me is the fact that in the UK there is no bath and body works or if they do its ridiculously expensive. Plus I am going to America in a few months so I will stock up on a lot of candles. Currently I only have two for my bedroom and the one for my office.
- Watermelon Lemonade– This I got from bath and bodyworks, I was actually surprised with this because I don’t like watermelons at all, but the scent smells so gorgeous I think it’s because it has a hint of lemon. The scent is very summery spring it just reminds me of a warm summer afternoon.
- Teakwood Myrrh – This I think I got in HomeSense it’s like a home version of TK MAXX, I am so shocked I only heard about it a few months ago from my sister I thank her for it every day . The scent is very outdoorsy, woody and musky think camping and seating out by the camp fire.
- Vanilla & Saffron Noir – Perfumed Candle– The packaging of this candle drew me to it, I got this in TK MAXX for a way cheaper price than on the official site. I think this is why I love TK MAXX so much. The scent itself smells to me like how a manly man should smell with a hint of sweetness which you get from the vanilla infused in the candle.
What are some candles you can recommend to me? I am eager to expand my collection x