Top hair trends for the spring and summer season for black women. After your hair strands have endured the harsh winter, it’s time to revive your look with chic new hairstyles. The spring and the summer season is the ideal time to step outside of your comfort zone with a style that’s completely out of the box, or revive your hair by trying something new. Look below for a few of my favorite hair ideas you can play around with this spring and summer season!
Crochet Braid Spring/Summer Styles
Shoulder Length Crochet Braids
Short Crochet Braids
Kinky Hair Shoulder Length Crochet Braids
Long Crochet Braids
Sholder Length Loose curl Crochet Braids
Short Hair Style
Short Hair Style
Braids Spring/Summer Hairstyle
Box Braids hairstyle
Bun Hairstyle – Box Braids
Box Braids Hairstlye
Long Spring/Summer Hairstyles
Long Wavy Hairstyle
Ombre Long Straight Hair
Ombre Long Straight Hair
Wavy Tied back Hairstyle
Ombre Long Straight Hair Style
Wavy Long Hairstyle
Leave a comment below & let me know you favorite spring/summer hairstyle!
Finally,I got my hands on some colourpop lipsticks I have wanted to try some of their products for the longest time ever but here in the UK they are not easy to get a hold of. It’s some long process of purchasing and getting them delivered to the UK (last time I checked unless if things have changes). Anyways I got these two colourpop lipsticks from one of my best friends who brought a stash when she came back from her trip in America.
Colourpop lipstick in “Scrooge”: this is not just a matte lipstick its ultra matte which means you will not be able to avoid the dryness you usually experience with matte formulas. With this you have to put a coat of gloss or Vaseline before you apply it because it is very drying. The color itself is so bright and highly concentrated you won’t need to apply it twice over your lips.And it does last the whole you don’t need to touch it up it will not budge. You can get it from the official site Colourpop.com (however it doesn’t seem to be available right now) or even Amazon.
Colourpop lipstick in “bad habit”: This again is in an ultra matte formula but you know what sometimes beauty requires being uncomfortable and a little sacrifice so it is worth it. Apparently you shouldn’t put a base like Vaseline or lip-gloss because it interferes with the super-long wear of the lipstick. The colour is almost similar to “scrooge” though I would say it is a little bit lighter than “scrooge”. This is currently still available on the official site so you can purchase it directly Colourpop “bad habit”. I am excited to try use these two lipsticks over the spring/summer period the colors are just perfect for that.
I also have two extra products that I thought I might as well include in this post because they are related.
No7 Lipstick in “Chic”: This is a high-street brand part of Boots if I am correct. They have a range of their own No7 moisture drench lipsticks that has over 10 colours to choose from. I love the formula of this because it’s very moisturizing you don’t even feel like you are wearing a lipstick. The color is gorgeous for wearing alone as well as mixing it up with other colors for example mix with “bad habit” or even Mac’s “sin”. You can get this Boots as well as see the other selections they have.
Mary Kay “perfecting concealer”: I am not a big fan of concealers because I often feel like they leave your face very cakey and artificial looking. However with this one I have found it is very light and does the job very well of hiding any discoloration and so forth without making it obvious that you have a range of makeup products on your face. My shade is specifically ” deep bronze”, another thing I like about it is you can use it for natural everyday looks as well as highly contoured looks for those special events or times when you do feel like really going all out with your makeup. You can get this on the official site Marykay.com.
What lipstick or beauty products are you most looking forward to playing around with this spring/summer.
I have been loving a couple of what I would classify as random beauty favorites recently. I don’t have some long worded story about why I am liking these products for once I will just go straight into it.
- Victoria’s secret body mist spray: This body mist I actually got from TKMAXX (my addiction to that store is worrying), I wasn’t even looking to get one but when I smelt it I could not resist. It’s a nice, sweet, light and flowery jasmine and honeysuckle scented body mist that works as an everyday scent when you don’t feel like wearing and overpowering very expensive perfume.
- Little Red Dress Eau De Perfume: This has been hanging about in my closet for a little while now I think for almost two years. I think the reason why I never saw it’s appeal at the start was because of the scent, it’s a very grown woman, sexy scent and back then I didn’t appreciate that(blame it on age). It’s got blends of fruity nectar, Bulgarian rose and sensual red sandalwood and these are the types of scents that I am finding myself appreciating more especially as I get older.
- Sleek Mulberry Lipstick: I love Sleek it is one of those high street brands that continuously delivers in terms of quality products. I love a deep, dark, vampy lip irrespective of what season it is. And this is a new addition to my collection that I will be wearing this spring/summer season why not confuse people a little; rebel without a cause I am. The lipstick has a sheen finish to it so it’s not drying to the lips at all which is a plus.
- Sleek Russian Roulette Lipstick: Another sleek lipstick I am loving right now, this lipstick has a matte finish to it which I usually am not a big fan of but the color makes up for it. It’s not a typical red color I look at it as a burnt red or brick red-ish color and that’s really the main appeal for me.
What are some of your current beauty favorites? x
I always used to be one of those girls who stood there are judged people when they got excited about candles. I could never understand the fascination with them. However I have been quickly converted and now I am obsessed with them. My collection is small at the moment but I know it’s going to grow quickly, the only thing stopping me is the fact that in the UK there is no bath and body works or if they do its ridiculously expensive. Plus I am going to America in a few months so I will stock up on a lot of candles. Currently I only have two for my bedroom and the one for my office.
- Watermelon Lemonade– This I got from bath and bodyworks, I was actually surprised with this because I don’t like watermelons at all, but the scent smells so gorgeous I think it’s because it has a hint of lemon. The scent is very summery spring it just reminds me of a warm summer afternoon.
- Teakwood Myrrh – This I think I got in HomeSense it’s like a home version of TK MAXX, I am so shocked I only heard about it a few months ago from my sister I thank her for it every day . The scent is very outdoorsy, woody and musky think camping and seating out by the camp fire.
- Vanilla & Saffron Noir – Perfumed Candle– The packaging of this candle drew me to it, I got this in TK MAXX for a way cheaper price than on the official site. I think this is why I love TK MAXX so much. The scent itself smells to me like how a manly man should smell with a hint of sweetness which you get from the vanilla infused in the candle.
What are some candles you can recommend to me? I am eager to expand my collection x
This will has always been and will always be my signature scent, for as long as I can remember. For me the J’Adore woman embodies everything beautiful and admirable about the modern day woman, she is always on the go, growing and progressing with life never looking back but continuously adapting to the changing environments. The color and design of the bottle is that of femininity , extenuating and celebrating the female shape and key message always presented across in the adverts “future is gold” she forever has a positive outlook and tackles everything thrown her way with grace and class. And this is why I love my J’Adore I could really go on and on but I think I will stop here.
Anyways enough of my rumblings on my thoughts on the perfume. The perfume itself has a floral scent to me it smells very fresh and springy but I wouldn’t necessary call it a spring only perfume because I use it all year around and it smells fantastic. Some of the ingredients used in the perfume include ylang ylang from Comoros, jasmine grandiflorum and Indian jasmine sambac. It all sounds very exotic doesn’t. The actual set comes with a lotion that I use as a hand lotion when I feel like treating my hands.
If you want to read more on the perfume go to Dior and to purchase J’adore dior perfum
What are some of your favorite perfumes?
It’s always exciting to receive recognition from fellow bloggers. We have recently been nominated for the blogger recognition award by the lovely DazedMuse she has an amazing blog that covers everything from fashion to lifestyle. You should check out her blog if you haven’t already done so, we are grateful and thankful for this recognition.
Here are the Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How it all started?
Both me and my sister (we run the blog together but we always post in first person); we are both very creative individuals and have been looking for a creative outlet for the longest time. Though we procrastinated for a long time whether we should start a blog or not but one day we took the plunge and that is how it all started really.
Pieces Of Advice!
Ermm I would say make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and not just following the bandwagon because if you do it for the wrong reasons you will not enjoy it long-term.
Second be consistent with your posts, that’s how you build a following and meet bloggers as well. So consistency is key.
I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
Thank you again DazedMuse for the nomination x
New year means reflection on routines and adapting or changing them because; you know what it’s a new year and new opportunity to improve on things. One of my main goals for this year is to continue improving my skin I want it to be flawless if there is such a thing. And as I get older it’s now more important than ever to do as much as you can to look after you skin.
For my face I continue to use Mary Kay products however the packing and the formula for both the cleansing gel and lotion has changed, I would say it has been improved upon. I have also made a conscious decision to start using body scrubs for my body at least once a week in order to do a deep exfoliation.
- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask: This is one of my holy grail products even mentioned on my wish list October Wishlist… I have used it multiple times before and I love it. It’s one of those masks that works immediately, after use you will see reduced pores and clearer glowing skin. You can get this at multiple stores and the price point is not too steep plus really when it comes to skin care you really have to invest because it’s the skin you will have for life. Here are some places you can get it Origins.com , Sephora and Boots
- Mary Kay botanical effects cleansing gel: This is the same as the one I was using before Skin Care Regime the only different is the formula has been improved upon and it now contains dragon fruit & aloe extracts which are full antioxidants.
- Mary Kay botanical effects toner: This I have been using since last year Skin Care Regime, I inter-change between this and the apple cider homemade toner I use.
- Mary Kay Hydrate & Protect: This again is the same face lotion I was using before too Skin Care Regime but the formula has been improving. It now has a sun screen protect of up to SPF30 which the previous formula didn’t have.
- Body Scrub: This body scrub I use once a week. This particular scrub I got from TKMAXX ; it is a lemon & eucalyptus mermaid salt scrub. I love the smell and feeling it gives me after use. And I can’t recommend adding this to a skincare routine you really do feel and see the difference in your skin. With scrubs I always find amazing ones at TKMAXX/TJMAXX especially if you are still experimenting and finding your signature.
Do you have any new skin care routine recommendations for 2017? x