Summer I find is usually the season of two things when it comes to fitness:
1.lots of BBQs, enjoying food, and relaxing when it comes to the strict dieting and exercising because the weather is just too gorgeous. Or 2. Strict focus on exercising and dieting because everyone’s summer body is on point you start training for next summer because you are so motivated. I would say I am half and half but I am trying to be serious and find a balance between being fit and actually enjoying the season as it will pass soon. Here are some tips that I am finding helpful in keeping me motivated and disciplined.
- Exercise Plan: I have found having an exercise weekly plan very motivating because it keeps me on track and helps me stay on track.
- Varied Exercises: Avoid repetition, there is nothing more mundane and boring than doing the same exercises everyday. Firstly not only is it ineffective because your body too used to it that over time it stops being effective, secondly because it makes for a boring session that you end up just giving up and skipping classes.
- Liquids, Liquids: these really do help a lot, water especially not only does it keep you hydrated with the heat but it flushes your system, clears your skin and is just good
4. It’s really free to be fit: Okay so you can’t afford that fancy gym you want that’s not an excuse to not be fit. Take advantage of your environment at what you have around you. Go for walk outside (it’s sunny after all) so you can’t say it’s cold. YouTube, this has some of the most amazing workouts you could ever find and best of all they are all free. I swear by FitnessBlender (no it’s not sponsored, I just love them that much) for several years now.
5. It takes time: throw away that scale, it really takes time to see results so don’t get discouraged when you don’t see results immediately. And sometimes the pounds staying the same on the scale doesn’t mean you are improving, sometimes you are building muscles and replacing the fat so don’t always pay mind to the scale
And bonus tip: have fun with it, why make it boring and tedious
Any fitness tips you can add to these? x