Summer I find is usually the season of two things when it comes to fitness:
1.lots of BBQs, enjoying food, and relaxing when it comes to the strict dieting and exercising because the weather is just too gorgeous. Or 2. Strict focus on exercising and dieting because everyone’s summer body is on point you start training for next summer because you are so motivated. I would say I am half and half but I am trying to be serious and find a balance between being fit and actually enjoying the season as it will pass soon. Here are some tips that I am finding helpful in keeping me motivated and disciplined.
- Exercise Plan: I have found having an exercise weekly plan very motivating because it keeps me on track and helps me stay on track.
- Varied Exercises: Avoid repetition, there is nothing more mundane and boring than doing the same exercises everyday. Firstly not only is it ineffective because your body too used to it that over time it stops being effective, secondly because it makes for a boring session that you end up just giving up and skipping classes.
- Liquids, Liquids: these really do help a lot, water especially not only does it keep you hydrated with the heat but it flushes your system, clears your skin and is just good
4. It’s really free to be fit: Okay so you can’t afford that fancy gym you want that’s not an excuse to not be fit. Take advantage of your environment at what you have around you. Go for walk outside (it’s sunny after all) so you can’t say it’s cold. YouTube, this has some of the most amazing workouts you could ever find and best of all they are all free. I swear by FitnessBlender (no it’s not sponsored, I just love them that much) for several years now.
5. It takes time: throw away that scale, it really takes time to see results so don’t get discouraged when you don’t see results immediately. And sometimes the pounds staying the same on the scale doesn’t mean you are improving, sometimes you are building muscles and replacing the fat so don’t always pay mind to the scale
And bonus tip: have fun with it, why make it boring and tedious
Any fitness tips you can add to these? x
It’s been a while since I have been on holiday, okay well not that long but to me it feels like forever. That is why I am going through holiday/travelling blues I just need to be getting excited and packing for an exotic holiday somewhere far and hot that doesn’t have bipolar British weather.
Until then I thought let me have a recap to some of my favorite holiday looks, this will get the creative/fashion juices following for my next holiday. What has been your favorite holiday destination so far? x
I cannot believe it, we are really half way into the year were has all the time gone. It might be time to have a review at how the year has gone so fast and what it is that I have achieved. But before I do that let me just share my wishful beauty and fashion products for the mid-year.
ProEXR File Description =Attributes= channels (chlist) compression (compression): Zip dataWindow (box2i): [0, 0, 2047, 2047] displayWindow (box2i): [0, 0, 2047, 2047] lineOrder (lineOrder): Increasing Y nuke/full_layer_names (int): 0 nuke/node_hash (string): “7c4a950b5886fa26” nuke/shotgun/id (string): “1856” nuke/shotgun/macAngleCount (string): “2” nuke/shotgun/macCategory (string): “None” nuke/shotgun/macFormFactory (string): “None” nuke/shotgun/macProductBaseID (string): “None” nuke/shotgun/macProductName (string): “Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour” nuke/shotgun/macSkuVariations (string): “None” nuke/shotgun/macTotalVariations (string): “None” nuke/shotgun/shotName (string): “mc5046” nuke/version (string): “8.0v6” pixelAspectRatio (float): 1 screenWindowCenter (v2f): [0, 0] screenWindowWidth (float): 1 type (string): “scanlineimage” version (int): 1 =Channels= A (half) B (half) G (half) R (half) applicator_shaftMatte_opt.alpha (half) applicator_shaftMatte_opt.blue (half) applicator_shaftMatte_opt.green (hal
- The Body Shop’s Vitamin E moisture serum: I have been in love with serums since my Mary Kay brightening serum which has been featured Skin Care Regime. Since my Mark Kay has run out I thought let me take this opportunity to try a different serum and see if it works the same or better.
- The Body Shop’s Chinese ginseng and rice clarifying polishing mask: this is a perfect mask if you want to brighten your skin without having to wait for the “in love glow”
- The Body Shop’s Drops of youth bouncy sleeping mask: the reviews of this product had me eyeing for it. “24hr beauty sleep in a jar…” that what one reviewer said. And I for one want to try it for myself and confirm because I need a dose of more sleep.
- MAC’s Retro matte liquid lip-color in “chocotease“: this shade, I saw it on my friend and I fell in love with it. It perfect for a 90’s retro look.
As you can see from my beauty products they are all focused on skincare, this is my goal for the remainder of 2017. To look after my skin, maintain and improve it because well lets face it that’s the only skin I will ever have.
It is summer which means wedding season is upon us. And though I don’t have as many wedding invites as I want, I do have a few and for all of them I need dresses. So I thought why not start shopping for wedding outfit ideas already. I would go for girly dresses, floral patterns etc however I want to go for a girly look with the lace instead of floral and darker colors compared to pastels. The shoes I just saw and knew I needed you can never go wrong with a glittery pair whether its for summer or winter.
What are some beauty and fashion products currently on your wishlist?