New year means reflection on routines and adapting or changing them because; you know what it’s a new year and new opportunity to improve on things. One of my main goals for this year is to continue improving my skin I want it to be flawless if there is such a thing. And as I get older it’s now more important than ever to do as much as you can to look after you skin.
For my face I continue to use Mary Kay products however the packing and the formula for both the cleansing gel and lotion has changed, I would say it has been improved upon. I have also made a conscious decision to start using body scrubs for my body at least once a week in order to do a deep exfoliation.
- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask: This is one of my holy grail products even mentioned on my wish list October Wishlist… I have used it multiple times before and I love it. It’s one of those masks that works immediately, after use you will see reduced pores and clearer glowing skin. You can get this at multiple stores and the price point is not too steep plus really when it comes to skin care you really have to invest because it’s the skin you will have for life. Here are some places you can get it Origins.com , Sephora and Boots
- Mary Kay botanical effects cleansing gel: This is the same as the one I was using before Skin Care Regime the only different is the formula has been improved upon and it now contains dragon fruit & aloe extracts which are full antioxidants.
- Mary Kay botanical effects toner: This I have been using since last year Skin Care Regime, I inter-change between this and the apple cider homemade toner I use.
- Mary Kay Hydrate & Protect: This again is the same face lotion I was using before too Skin Care Regime but the formula has been improving. It now has a sun screen protect of up to SPF30 which the previous formula didn’t have.
- Body Scrub: This body scrub I use once a week. This particular scrub I got from TKMAXX ; it is a lemon & eucalyptus mermaid salt scrub. I love the smell and feeling it gives me after use. And I can’t recommend adding this to a skincare routine you really do feel and see the difference in your skin. With scrubs I always find amazing ones at TKMAXX/TJMAXX especially if you are still experimenting and finding your signature.
Do you have any new skin care routine recommendations for 2017? x