Essential Beauty Oils

Oils BottlesOils

I have started incorporating oils into my beauty and skin care routine and I must say it’s going well so far, no miraculously transformation but I see significant improvements. I use these two oils to different things.

Jojoba Oil:Β Unfortunately I have sensitive and oily skin which is awful because I can’t experiment too much with a lot of face products because I break out especially with oils. However with this oil I use it under eyes and around the eye area. It helps in reduces the puffiness I experience in the mornings. So my use of this is limited but for other skin types you can use it all over and some of the benefits include; acne control and skin moisturizer.

Argan Oil:Β This is organic genuine argan oil, I was so lucky I went to the “Medina Market in Marrakesh” when I visited Morocco and was able to purchase the unrefined and unprocessed version. I love it and use it sparingly on my hair, usually I mix it with other oils like grape seed oil and carrot oil to make a hot oil treatment. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and luscious. You can use it for your skin too but I avoid just because of my skin type.

What’s your favorite hair and beauty oils? x

16 Comments

1. August 13, 2016 / 1:05 pm

Argan oil is amazing!! You can use it even if you have oily skin if you use it minimally and at night.
    The Moroccan black soap is also amazing for exfoliation.

• August 13, 2016 / 1:17 pm

Really I am so scared to use too much on my face because I have oily skin, will try to use it all over once a week or something..I have never heard of Moroccan black soap it sounds good let me hunt for it on amazon πŸ™‚

• August 13, 2016 / 1:29 pm

😊😊 The black soap exfoliates well..but it’s too harsh for the face

• August 13, 2016 / 1:53 pm

Okay I will use it for my body only 😊😊x

2. August 14, 2016 / 1:45 pm

I love the idea of going back to basics with beauty regimes. I use rosehip oil by Trilogy and its lovely. I’d for you to do more posts like this, especially oif your products are ethically sourced and organic. This is such a good post, and a great idea to expand on!

• August 15, 2016 / 8:08 am

Definitely agree with you, sometimes getting back to basics is the best thing you can do for your beauty regime..I am trying to start explore oils I will look into rosehip oil the only annoying thing for me is oily sensitive skin so I cant always be as adventurous as I want to with oils πŸ™‚

3. August 17, 2016 / 3:51 am

For hair – I love coconut oil. It works wonders for me. For skin – Tea Tree oil and Argan oil. Once purifies and the latter hydrates! I have never used Jojoba oil myself, but would like to try sometime.

• August 17, 2016 / 12:54 pm

I love coconut oil I use that for my hair too, jojoba oil is definitely good for hair and skin too you should give it a try

• August 27, 2016 / 10:17 am

They are just necessary in any beauty regime aren’t they😊😊

4. September 14, 2016 / 9:19 pm

Oils are amazing for the skin especially jojoba oil and it makes a great combination with tea tree essential oil.

5. September 16, 2016 / 4:53 pm

I really want to get into essential oils and start making my own stuff but I can’t tell which ones are OK to use on skin and which are for room scents!

• September 16, 2016 / 8:43 pm

It’s a brilliant idea, I Think the best way is to just start experimenting and mixing stuff up and see how it works. That’s what I have been doing lately πŸ™‚ need to try scent oils though

6. October 10, 2016 / 5:19 pm

Ooh I have yet to try Jojoba oil, but it helps with around eyes?? I’m gonna have to try it!

• October 11, 2016 / 8:13 am

i find it helps under eyes just for reducing puffiness πŸ™‚